I wrote a post a while ago asking if Cumbrian businesses were getting it right when using social networking / marketing tools? So I thought “let’s open it out to the wider world”. Has this process help you win any new business or anything you could say that all your efforts are worth it?
From my own point of view I love these new tools and will continue to use them at every opportunity but here’s a short list what I found works for me and my company:
- I only use the tools when I have the time or something worthwhile to say.
- I don’t let it interfere with the day to day running of the business like I did in the early days.
- I listen a lot more, that might be because of the above?
- I am careful who I connect with, I want quality not quantity.
- I nurture all connections not just a few who I think will bring in work.
A short list I know but when you really think about who you connect with regularly and why then it all becomes clear why you are using these tools in the first place.
I have been spending a bit of time on Facebook recently to find out more about how it can impact not only on the business but on me personally, the results were interesting, but that’s for another post!
Anyway let me know what you think and how being part of the ‘community’ has changed you and your business?