Some time ago I wrote a post blogging and why you and your business should try it so after what seems an age here is the second part.
Today everybody is a writer, photographer, filmmaker, musician.
Are you creating something? What are you waiting for?
Here’s a list of reasons why you should be blogging, not in any particular order:
- If this is your first attempt at blogging take a look at how the people you like to read go about it.
- Don’t copy their writing style just get some tips on what makes them successful
- Vary the length of your post, it helps more than you know
- Throw some facts and comparisons in there your readers will love that
- Write your post and then leave it for a while, have a cuppa, then go back to it and make any changes you feel are necessary
- Give your title a lot of thought as that’s what will make visitors want to read it, make it catchy or interesting, both if you can
- Most blogs don’t get past three months before the writer gives up, don’t let that be you!
- If you can get your post in the press, someone I know has just started out with this and I know she will do a great job. This gives you lots of exposure
- Consistency is the key to anything you do
- Ask a ‘big hitter’ do contribute with a guest post, this will bring you lots of traffic
- Get your inspiration from as many places as you can as this keeps your posts varied and interesting to your readers
- Be humorous as nothing is worse than reading some ‘dry’ post, even if you subject is heavy or serious, humour is the key
- Ask questions on other platforms, this will give you lots of ideas for your posts
- Also don’t forget about video, this can be a great way to get your message over, but more on that soon 😉
- Don’t forget to add social network buttons to your blog, this gives your readers no excuse not to share your content and don’t be afraid to ask them to share
- Look to the left of this post and you will see them, feel free to click a few 🙂
- If you have an email list make sure that it’s easy for visitors to sign up, look to the right the sign up box is at the top 🙂
- Give your readers choices and they will love you for it
- Convert readers into ‘your tribe’
- Don’t mess with your Tribe
- The most valuable tip I can give you is “quality not quantity”